The mission of the Rockville Science Center is to inspire a passion for lifelong exploration of science for our diverse community. Through our programs and our quest to bring a permanent interactive science center to the Rockville and Montgomery County, we work to cultivate a sense of inquiry, discovery, wonder and understanding of the scientific foundations of everyday life.
Find information about our leadership here.
This is where the action is for science, research and development. It’s an area that boasts more than 144 life science businesses with the Rockville zip code. It’s surrounded by world-class publicly and privately sponsored research and lab facilities and has one of the country’s highest concentrations of Ph.D.’s and scientists — along with forward-thinking parents, teachers and elected officials who are committed to seeing children succeed.
NIH, NIST, NASA, NOAA, EPA, USDA, USGS, CoE, DoE and DoD are within a 30-mile radius of Rockville. And in Montgomery County alone, you’ll find biotech and pharmaceutical firms alongside Johns Hopkins University, the University of Maryland at Shady Grove and Montgomery College.
By launching a vibrant facility that offers people of all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to explore the wonders of science and connect with the scientific community in our region.
Through this facility, we will:
- Promote science literacy through exhibits, demonstrations and special events.
- Encourage visitors to become lifelong learners.
- Stimulate the next generation of scientists to satisfy a growing local and global demand for their skills and knowledge.
- Involve and motivate the public to value the benefits of science.
- Provide an array of cultural and educational experiences that will make the area an even more desirable place to live, work and learn.
- Inform the public of the diversity of nature and applied science within commuting distance.
- Applying science to the local economy.
The Rockville Science Center can only happen with the support of the region’s citizens as well as its business, educational and scientific communities. Since conducting a feasibility study for the science center, we have made significant inroads identifying potential partners and sponsors. However, the key to development is you.
To help make the Rockville Science Center a reality, please donate, and become a member.
Please send your tax-deductible contributions to: Rockville Science Center, PO Box 1084, Rockville, MD 20849 For more information call 240-FUN-8111 (240-386-8111) or firstname.lastname@example.org